Vertical Tire Mount For Gladiator, HD Ram and Colorado
Vertical Tire Mount
AEV’s Vertical Spare Tire Mount is a vehicle specific solution for securing your full-size spare in the bed of your Jeep Gladiator, HD Ram truck or Colorado. Each vertical spare wheel mount is fully adjustable to accommodate a range of tire sizes and features a robust tubular steel frame that securely attaches to both your truck’s forwardmost bed rail and the floor of the bed to safely hold your oversized wheel and tire in place, even on the roughest off-road terrain. AEV’s maximum recommended tire sizes for each application are as follows:
2019+ Jeep Gladiator: up to 42×14.50
2003+ HD Ram: up to 42×14.50
2017-2022 Colorado: up to 37×13.50
Careful attention was also paid to ensure that the overall height of the mount and tire would be compatible with the installation of most aftermarket toppers. AEV’s Vertical Spare Tire Mount for truck bed also features additional provisions for accessories such as a sand flag or CB antenna, as well as a convenient spot to hold a shovel. E-coated and powder coated for maximum protection against the elements and proudly made in the USA.
Please note: If you are using an aftermarket wheel with a hub bore larger than 3 5/8″ with the Ram Vertical Tire Mount, we recommend also purchasing Wilco Off-road poly cone part number# UC60702.
- Available for HD Ram, Jeep Gladiator and Chevy Colorado
- Vertically mounts your full-size spare tire securely in your bed
- Robust, tubular steel frame designed for off-road use
- Adjustable to accommodate a wide range of tire sizes
- E-coated and powder coated black finish
- Proudly made in the USA
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 2 Hours
- What is the maximum tire that will fit on the Vertical Tire Mount?
That depends on the application…
VTM for HD Ram and Gladiator will accommodate up to a 42” tall tire.
VTM for Colorado will accommodate up to a 37” tall tire.
HD Ram: If you are using an aftermarket wheel with a hub bore larger than 3 5/8", we recommend purchasing Wilco Off-road poly cone part number# UC60702.
- How is the Vertical Tire Mount attached to the bed?
The Vertical Tire Mount attaches to the bed in two locations for stability and to evenly distribute the weight of your full-size spare: On top of the bed rail behind the cab and to the floor of the bed.
- Can I lock my spare wheel/tire in place when it is on the Vertical Tire Mount?
Yes, the Vertical Tire Mount can accept a variety of cable lock systems.
- Does the Vertical Tire Mount have any provisions for mounting any accessories?
The Vertical Mount has provisions to mount a CB antenna or a sand flag, as well as a spot to hold a shovel upright, alongside the main support tube behind your spare.
- Will the Vertical Tire Mount fit with a shell/topper?
In most cases, yes. We designed all three versions to sit within the interior dimensions of most standard size, fiberglass shells/toppers. Camper shells and soft/convertible style toppers will need to be test fit and verified prior to installation.
- Will this fit Ram trucks with the Ram Box option?
Yes, the current version will work on trucks with or without the Ram Box.
- What steps are taken to help prevent corrosion?
As with most AEV steel products, the Vertical Tire Carrier features a multi-stage, E-Coat and powdercoat paint process for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Where is the Vertical Tire Mount manufactured?
The Vertical Tire Mount is proudly manufactured in the USA!