3" High Capacity Coil Springs for 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL
3″ High Capacity Coil Springs for Wrangler JL 4-Door
AEV 3″ High Capacity Coil Springs are a direct fit upgrade for 4-Door JL Wrangler customers with an AEV 2.5″ DualSport Suspension System already installed on their vehicle. Developed with the true overland enthusiast in mind, these frequency-tuned, progressive rate Jeep JL coil springs provide the increased load carrying capacity necessary for heavily loaded vehicles, while still offering the exceptional ride quality, handling and off-road articulation that AEV is known for.
• Standard Load Coil Springs are optimized for an AEV-spec Wrangler with typical gear/cargo inside. This means the ideal ride height, handling and overall performance will be achieved on a vehicle with steel bumpers, winch, full-size spare and recovery gear (+0-400 lbs. over factory weight).
• High Capacity Coil Springs are specifically designed for overland enthusiasts who have a fully outfitted vehicle that is also consistently loaded with heavier gear (+400-600 lbs.), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations.
While these coil springs will work for a lighter weight vehicle, customers should be aware that it will sit higher than advertised and have a slightly stiffer ride – not excessively harsh or intolerable, but also not nearly as pleasant for daily use as a vehicle within our target weight range.
AEV High Capacity coil springs are engine specific and only sold as a complete set of front/rear springs in order to preserve the optimal vehicle handling dynamics that our DualSport suspensions provide.
Please note: AEV High Capacity Coil Springs are NOT compatible with 2-Door Wrangler models. Exceeding GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and/or RGAWR (Rear Gross Axle Weight Rating) will cause changes in the vehicle’s braking, steering and overall handling performance. AEV never recommends exceeding GVWR/RGAWR.
- 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 4dr.
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 1-2 Hours
- How do I know if I would benefit from these springs or not?
High Capacity AEV Coil Springs are specifically designed for overland enthusiasts who have a vehicle outfitted with steel bumpers, winch, full-size spare, etc., but are also consistently loaded with even heavier gear (+400-600 lbs.), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations. In contrast, our Standard Load Coil Springs are designed for vehicles outfitted with steel bumpers, winch, full-size spare, etc., but are not loaded with even heavier gear such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations.
- Can I use these coil springs with a [insert brand] lift kit?
Most likely yes, but we cannot guarantee the results. These springs were developed specifically as an upgrade for our DualSport suspension system, which means that they were optimized to work with AEV's shock valving, bump-stop length and shock length. Using the springs outside of this package may damage the springs and/or result in poor performance.
- What engines/trim levels are these coil springs compatible with?
These coil springs are compatible with all 4-Door Wrangler trim levels and engines – except for 4Xe models. Also, be aware that 2.0L turbo and 3.6L V6 both use the “gas” spring, while 392 and EcoDiesel will use the “diesel” spring. These coil springs are NOT compatible with 2-Door models.
- Couldn’t I just replace the rear springs?
The relative spring rate/frequency of the front coil springs vs. the rear coil springs is a crucial part of safe vehicle handling and favorable ride quality. For this reason we increase the rate/frequency of the front high-capacity springs in order to maintain an appropriate relationship with the high-capacity rear springs across a range of heavy load conditions. Replacing only the rear springs could create a dangerous mismatch and is not recommended.
- Where are these coil springs manufactured?
AEV High Capacity Coil Springs are proudly manufactured right here in the USA!