3″ DualSport RT Suspension for 2019+ Ram 2500 & 3500 HD
3″ DualSport RT Suspension for 2019+ Ram HD
$2,854.00 – $3,305.00
Engineered for the Real World
Today’s marketplace offers dozens of solutions for anyone looking to modify their truck’s suspension, from mild to wild and everywhere in between. There are suspensions designed for going fast, suspensions with flashy components designed for looking good standing still and even suspensions designed for rock crawling that maximize axle articulation and wheel travel. There is nothing wrong with having lots of options but what about a well-engineered, properly tuned suspension system that is designed for the people who rely on their truck every day in the real world and the people who also don’t want to sacrifice payload, ride quality or handling just to fit larger tires?
The DualSport RT Formula
AEV’s 3” DualSport RT Suspension System for the 2019+ Ram 2500/3500 is focused on optimizing geometry and custom shock tuning to deliver the best on and off-road performance. This starts in the front end, where Rams come standard with dozens of different spring rates on HD trucks, depending on powertrain, wheelbase, and more, so offering a generic “gas” or “diesel” spring would have been a huge compromise in ride quality and/or load carrying capacity. AEV retains the factory front coil springs and pair them with 3” cast aluminum coil spring relocation spacers to achieve the additional lift height. This allows AEV to take advantage of the full range of factory spring rates and frequencies while still providing the necessary front end lift.
Steering geometry is corrected by way of AEV’s High Steer Kit, which includes a custom, no-drill forged drag link, AEV track bar and raised track bar tower. This system provides significant improvements to steering precision and handling by correcting the roll center height of the front suspension and bringing the steering geometry back into factory alignment. This results in reduced body roll and bump steer, which are major contributors to the loose or sloppy steering and driver fatigue commonly associated with many lift kits.
For many of the same reasons that we chose to retain the factory front coil springs, 2” rear coil spring spacers are included with Ram 2500 suspension systems to provide the necessary lift height without sacrificing ride quality or load carrying capacity. AEV also includes a set of bump stop spacers, rear track bar relocation bracket, sway bar end links and a new power hop bracket (if applicable). The OE leaf springs are retained and new cast iron blocks are installed to provide 2” of lift in the rear on Ram 3500 trucks. Ram 2500 Air Ride and 3500 Air Assist systems are also available.
AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers are included with all DualSport Suspension Systems. These shocks feature a custom tune developed jointly by Bilstein and AEV engineers exclusively for AEV’s DualSport Suspensions Systems. By utilizing digressive valving, the AEV/Bilstein 5100 shocks offer substantial low-speed dampening. The dampening decreases as vehicle speed increases, providing a great ride quality over a wide variety of terrain.
Front Axle Relocation Kit
The factory radius arms are repositioned for optimal geometry, moving the axle forward 1.0”, which was engineered to use a 37″ tire. This provides a more neutral impact response, while also allowing more clearance for larger tires. A billet aluminum front driveshaft spacer is included to accommodate the new front axle positioning. We also offer a 1.6″ Axle Forward Kit, which was engineered to use a 40″ tire.
AEV ProCal SNAP is a simple, electronic recalibration module that plugs into your vehicle’s OBDII diagnostic port. It utilizes the stereo’s audio equalizer to input the numerical values for your new tire size- saving you time and money by not having to make a trip to the dealership for speedometer recalibration. The ProCal SNAP also has the ability to recalibrate TPMS and to accommodate for axle gear ratio changes.
For additional peace of mind, this DualSport Suspension System is backed by AEV’s Lifetime Warranty!
Important Fitment Notes:
– If running smaller than 20” wheels, 6” or less of backspacing is required. Factory 18” wheels will not clear top-mount draglink.
– Carrier Bearing Kit (#NRM43400AA) is required for trucks with a two-piece drive shaft: 2500/3500 Crew Cab Long Bed, 3500 Mega Cab Short Bed, 2500/3500 Single Cab.
– Installation of this suspension system on a 2019+ Ram Power Wagon will require the purchase of new front and rear coil springs. Mopar PN: 68505958AB (front) and 68349171AB (rear)
- Kit Contents:
- Active Vibration Damper Relocation Kit (Gas Engine Only), AEV Front Track Bar, AEV ProCal SNAP, AEV ProCal SNAP Wiring Harness, Aluminum Front Driveshaft Spacer, Carrier Bearing Shim Kit (if applicable), Cast Aluminum Front Coil Spring Pad Relocation Mounts, Cast Aluminum Rear Coil Spring Spacers (2500), Front Axle Relocation Kit (1” or 1.6” forward), Front Bump Stop Spacers, Front Track Bar Brackets, Hardware Pack, No-Drill Forged Drag Link, Power Hop Bracket (Gas Engine Only), Radius Arm Relocation Brackets, Rear Bump Stop Spacers, Rear Lift Blocks (3500), Rear Sway Bar End Links (2500), Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket (2500), Rear U-Bolts (3500), AEV-Tuned Bilstein 5100 shocks
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 8-10 Hours
- What do you mean by "Engineered for the Real World"? Aren't all suspension lifts engineered for the real world?
Not exactly - Today’s marketplace offers dozens of solutions for anyone looking to modify their truck’s suspension, from mild to wild and everywhere in between. There are suspensions designed for going fast, suspensions with flashy components designed for looking good standing still and even suspensions designed for rock crawling that maximize axle articulation and wheel travel.
There is nothing wrong with having lots of options but what about a well-engineered, properly tuned suspension system that is designed for the people who rely on their truck every day in the real world and the people who also don’t want to sacrifice payload, ride quality or handling just to fit larger tires? That was the goal we set out to accomplish.
- AEV refers to this as a DualSport Suspension System, so what does DualSport mean?
When we use the term “DualSport”, it refers to the fact that AEV suspensions are engineered to enhance the vehicle’s performance and your driving experience, both on and off-road.
- Is the AEV DualSport Suspension System just an overpriced spacer lift?
Absolutely not and there is a distinct reason why we chose to design our suspension system around the OE coil springs – there are literally DOZENS of different factory coil spring combinations. Our suspensions are engineered for the real world and if we simply manufactured one generic coil spring intended for all gas or all diesel trucks, there is no way that everyone would be able to achieve the same great ride quality and weight handling capacity that they are used to.
- What is the intended use for this suspension system?
This is truly a suspension designed for overland travel and to do so, it had to be just at home on the highway as it is on the trail.
- Will this suspension affect my towing capacity?
The actual suspension system will have little effect on your towing capacity but you do need to be aware of the size tires you are putting on your truck. Larger tires may have a lower load rating than the OE tire or axle load weight rating (especially on 3500), so that may have an adverse effect on towing if you are not careful when selecting the right tire.
- Is this suspension system compatible with air spring / air assist rear suspensions?
Yes, AEV has a suspension system available for both 2500 Air Ride and 3500 Air Assist.
- Will this suspension system level my truck out?
Not quite – The vast majority of our customers bought their truck to use it like a truck, so our suspension will still retain a slight (approx. 1”+/-) front end rake to better compensate for heavy loads.
- What are the benefits of having a low center of gravity? Don’t I lose ground clearance?
Having a lower center of gravity greatly affects the dynamics of a vehicle. A lower center of gravity will improve vehicle handling on the street and will also provide increased stability in off-camber situations off-road.
- What are the benefits of a high steer kit on a street-driven truck?
AEV's High Steer Kit provides significant improvements to steering precision and handling by correcting the roll center height of the front suspension. Optimizing the steering geometry reduces body roll, bump steer, and roll steer -all major contributors to the loose or sloppy steering and driver fatigue commonly associated with many lift kits.
- Why does AEV move the front axle forward?
Moving the front axle forward restores/center’s the axle’s position relative to the wheel well opening, maximizing tire clearance near the body.
- What do you do with the driveshaft since you move the axle forward?
We include a CNC-aluminum spacer to match the distance the front axle is moved forward, depending on what size tires you are going install with our suspension.
- What does the ProCal SNAP do?
The ProCal SNAP is a simple, electronic recalibration module that plugs into your vehicle’s OBDII diagnostic port. It utilizes the stereo’s audio equalizer to input the numerical values for your new tire size- saving you time and money by not having to make a trip to the dealership for speedometer recalibration. The ProCal SNAP also has the ability to adjust TPMS and recalibrate for axle gear ratio.
- I see that a lot of suspension manufacturers include remote reservoir shocks, is that really necessary?
This system includes AEV-tuned Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers, which we have been using in our suspension systems for well over a decade for a reason – they are very high quality and ideal for most applications and driving conditions. However, some customers do require an even more robust option, so we developed an AEV-tuned Bilstein 8100 series remote reservoir shock package, available now!
- Are the shocks between the kits tuned differently for the different models (Gas vs. Diesel)?
Yes, the front shocks are tuned specifically for either gas or diesel applications.
- Is this Suspension System compatible with Ram 3500 Dual Rear Wheel trucks?
Most of it actually is compatible, you would just have to source your own rear block and u-bolt kit.
- How do I adjust my TPMS to work with 37" or 40" tires with a lower PSI?
The included ProCal SNAP will be able to help take care of that!
- What is the recommended tire size with this suspension?
AEV recommends a 37” tire with AEV wheels and factory fender flares, up to a 41” tire with AEV wheels and AEV HighMark Fender Flares.
- What is the proper wheel back spacing required to use a 37” tire?
For the best fitment, AEV recommends using a 37x12.50R17 tire with a 17x8.5 wheel w/ approx. 5.8” back spacing.
- What is the warranty?
The 3” DualSport RT Suspension System carries AEV’s Lifetime Warranty.