Salta XR For JL Wrangler/Gladiator, Colorado and Toyota
Salta XR Wheel
The Salta XR represents the evolution of the widely popular Salta wheel and is now compatible with an expanded list of vehicle applications, including JL Wrangler/Gladiator, 2015-22 Colorado/Canyon and late-model 6-lug Toyota & Lexus. Like its predecessor, the Salta XR’s race-inspired, 12-spoke design provides additional strength for maximum durability on and off-road, while AEV’s signature recessed valve stems provide added protection from rocks on the trail. The AEV Salta XR is a platform-specific wheel, so each application will have the proper offset/backspacing, giving you the perfect balance of tire clearance, scrub radius and handling.
As with every AEV wheel, the Salta XR has been tested to stringent SAE J2530 standards and features a lifetime structural warranty. Finishes include matte black and onyx – both feature a subtle “SALTA XR” graphic, laser engraved on the face. Manufactured in Italy.
Please note: As a general safety precaution, AEV does not recommend powder coating aluminum wheels. The heat range and duration of the powder coating process may overlap the heat treating and aging of cast or forged aluminum wheels. For this reason, powder coated wheels will not be covered under AEV’s lifetime structural warranty. All repairs and/or color changes should utilize automotive type liquid paint. A 13/16″ ET style lug nut will be required for most Toyota applications (see FAQ below).
AEV Salta XR Wheel Product Features
- Application-specific for the best fitment possible
- Recessed valve stem for added protection
- A356 T6 cast aluminum construction
- Tested to stringent SAE J2530 standards
- Molded AEV Center Cap included
- Compatible with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Difficulty Level:
- I prefer the look of the yellow AEV Center Cap. Is it possible to use them with the Salta XR?
Yes! The Salta XR will accept our LARGE BORE yellow AEV Center Cap.
- Will these wheels fit a JK Wrangler?
Technically, yes but it is not something we would recommend because the backspacing is not ideal for the JK. This is important to note because they would sit further inside the wheel well than the JK Salta would, potentially causing interference when using a larger than OE tire size.
- I have a Toyota/Lexus. Will I require special lug nuts?
Yes, 13/16″ ET style lug nut will be required for most Toyota applications (see image below).
- How much does the Salta XR weigh?
The Salta XR weighs between 34-36 lbs., depending on the specific application:
- JL Wrangler/Gladiator: 34 lbs.
- Colorado: 35 lbs.
- Toyota: 36 lbs.
- Will this wheel work with the OEM rear camera on the JL Wrangler and fit underneath the bed on Gladiator?
Yes, we designed this wheel for compatibility with both the JL Wrangler and Galdiator’s OE spare tire carrier.
- What is the load rating on the Salta XR?
The Salta XR has a 2,400lbs load rating.
- What sort of testing does AEV do?
AEV's wheels are tested under SAE J2530 requirements. This consists of three tests in a controlled environment to test for radial fatigue, cornering load and curb impact. These tests are designed to expose any material weakness or design flaws. We also test with the LARGEST tire possible, not the smallest.
- Where is the Salta XR manufactured?
At AEV, we remain committed to American manufacturing, and we would much rather have our wheels manufactured in the US. Unfortunately, we cannot get wheels made in the USA at aftermarket volumes. Still to this day, the only cast wheel plants left in the US are for high volume OE wheel programs. However, the Salta XR is manufactured by an Italian supplier with a very strong reputation in the industry.