2.5"-3" DualSport XP Suspension System for 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL
2.5″ – 3″ DualSport XP Suspension for 2018+ Wrangler JL
$3,266.74 – $3,476.74
AEV first introduced OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket over a decade ago. We are still building on that legacy today and also broadening our spectrum of suspension performance with the DualSport XP Coil Spring Suspension System for the JL Wrangler.
The DualSport XP Formula
As a true, expedition-ready suspension system, coil spring and shock tuning was essential to provide the optimal balance of load carrying capacity and ride quality that customers have come to expect from AEV. The DualSport XP Coil Spring Suspension System includes a set of our frequency-tuned, triple-rate coil springs to provide 2.5-3” of additional front and rear ride height. The JL Wrangler is equipped from the factory with a very soft coil spring and a relatively stiff shock package, which is not ideal for expedition travel when heavier cargo loads are introduced. For this reason, we went with progressive rate coil springs (available in standard load or high capacity) for additional load handling capability and then paired them with set of 66mm (2.6″) AEV-tuned Bilstein 8100 series reservoir shocks for the ultimate level of performance off-road, especially over rough terrain at higher speeds. The AEV/Bilstein coil spring and shock combination used in this suspension not only increases both up travel and down travel but also provides better articulation as well as improved off-road speed potential and bottoming control.
Standard Load vs High Capacity
Customers can now fine tune their DualSport XP Coil Spring Suspension System even further by choosing one of two available coil spring options:
- 2.5” Standard Load Coil Springs are optimized for an AEV-spec Wrangler with typical gear/cargo inside. This means the ideal ride height, handling and overall performance will be achieved on a vehicle with steel bumpers, winch, full-size spare and recovery gear (+0-400 lbs. over factory weight).
- 3” High Capacity Coil Springs are specifically designed for overland enthusiasts who have a fully outfitted vehicle that is also consistently loaded with heavier gear (+400-600 lbs. over the standard load spring), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations*
With the AEV DualSport RT Suspension System installed, the JL Wrangler’s front and rear suspension geometry is optimized throughout the entire range of motion, giving you the sporty, responsive handling characteristics that AEV suspension systems are known for and a pair of AEV’s heavy duty, stamped control arm geometry correction brackets are included for an improved ride quality and reduced nose dive under hard braking.
A rear track bar tower extension is included to correct the rear roll center while also generating a better turn-in response. Extended length front and rear sway bar end links compensate for the additional lift height, while new front and rear bump stop spacers improve bumper/axle contact under full articulation and jounce. Due to this suspension system’s lower lift height, there is no need to swap out any of the OE track bars, control arms or steering components.
A ProCal SNAP is included for quick and easy speedometer recalibration, as well as our JL Jack Base for added safety and stability when changing a 35” and taller tire with the factory scissor jack.
Proudly made in the USA and features AEV’s Lifetime Warranty.
Maximum recommended tire sizes*
- Sport/Sahara (North America): 35×12.50R17
- Rubicon (North America): 37×12.50R17
- Sport/Sahara/Rubicon (Export): 35×12.50R17
AEV High Capacity Coil Springs are NOT compatible with 2-Door Wrangler models. Exceeding GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and/or RGAWR (Rear Gross Axle Weight Rating) will cause changes in the vehicle’s braking, steering and overall handling performance. AEV never recommends exceeding GVWR/RGAWR.
All maximum tire size recommendations are derived from AEV’s product development process using AEV wheels and BFGoodrich tires. AEV products are designed, developed and tested specifically to work with other AEV products. Mixing aftermarket or factory components with AEV components may cause interference/tire rubbing at full jounce or full lock.
Please Note: AEV XP8100 Shocks are NOT compatible with the Gen 1 AEV RX Front Bumpers that were installed on some early JL350/370 conversions. If you are unsure of what generation bumper you have, please contact our Sales Team at (248) 926-0256 for further assistance. To clarify, this does not apply to Gen 2 (current model) AEV RX Front Bumpers.
- Available with standard load or high capacity coil springs
- Frequency-tuned, triple rate coil springs and specific shock tuned for the best possible ride quality and handling
- XP8100 Reservoir Shocks are owner rebuildable
- Bilstein billet reservoir mounts included with system
- Proudly made in the USA and features AEV’s Lifetime Warranty
- 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door, 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door
- Maximum Recommended Tire Sizes:
- Sport/Sahara (North America): 35×12.50R17, Rubicon (North America): 37×12.50R17, Sport/Sahara/Rubicon (Export): 35×12.50R17
- Kit Contents:
- 2.5" Coil Springs (Standard Load), 3.0" Coil Springs (High Capacity), AEV/Bilstein XP8100 Front Reservoir Shocks, AEV/Bilstein XP8100 Rear Reservoir Shocks, Control arm geometry correction brackets, Front and rear bump stop extensions, Front and rear sway bar end links, Passenger side coil spring shims, Rear track bar tower
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 5-6 Hours
AEV 2.5" - 3" DualSport RT Suspension for Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator Installation Guide (LHD)
AEV 2.5"-3" DualSport RT Suspension for Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator Installation Guide (RHD)
AEV XP8100 Reservoir Shocks Installation Guide
AEV Stamped Geometry Correction Brackets Installation Guide
AEV ProCal SNAP for JL & JT User Guide
AEV ProCal Harness for JL Installation Guide
- What are the advantages of the DualSport XP Suspension System over the DualSport RT Suspension System?
Thanks to the AEV-tuned Bilstein XP8100 shocks we include in this kit, the biggest advantage of the DualSport XP Suspension System is how the suspension performs off-road, especially when traveling at higher speeds over rough terrain. Due to the reservoir and increased fluid capacity, heat is better managed and improves impact control. These shocks are designed with the adventure traveler in mind, they also pair exceptionally well with our High Capacity Coil Springs on heavier vehicles. You will also notice an improvement in ride quality on the road over the DualSport RT Suspension, most notably on heavier vehicles. Aside from the XP8100 shocks, the rest of the components are the same as our DualSport RT Suspension.
- What engines are compatible with this suspension system
Standard Capacity kits are available for 2.0L/3.6L Gas, 3.0L Ecodiesel, 2.0L Hybrid, and 6.4L (392) models.
High Capacity Springs are only available for 2.0L/3.6L Gas Engines, 3.0L EcoDiesel and 4 Door models.
- Will this suspension system fit right hand drive (RHD) JL Wranglers?
Yes, our 2.5" DualSport RT Suspension System is available for both right hand drive (RHD) and left hand drive (LHD) JL Wranglers.
- How do I know if I would benefit from the High Capacity Coil Springs or not?
High Capacity AEV Coil Springs are specifically designed for overland enthusiasts who have a fully outfitted vehicle that is also consistently loaded with heavier gear (+400-600 lbs.), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations.
Our Standard Load Coil Springs are perfectly suitable for a Jeep with all the common mods, such as steel bumpers, winch, full-size spare, etc, but without the modular cargo systems, roof rack/tent combinations.
- Can I run my stock wheels with this suspension?
Wide track axles (Rubicon and Sport Max Tow in North America) can run any AEV wheels (+25 JL/JT or +10 JK). Narrow track(non-Rubicon) should run +10mm JK wheels to prevent rubbing during articulation
- What makes AEV DualSport Suspension Systems perform so well on the road and the trail?
In simple terms: OE-style tuning. At AEV, suspension development is about more than just adding lift height, lots of articulation, or flashy-looking components. It’s about bringing OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket to create a true do-anything “dual sport” suspension system – one that is both extremely capable off-road, while offering unparalleled on-road performance and handling.
- How is the ride quality? My Jeep is pretty stock, will the ride be stiff?
In stock form, the JL Wrangler has very soft springs and stiff shocks. While this provides a cushy soft ride, it is not ideal for handling additional weight. AEV uses a spring and shock package that allows us to change less when the vehicle is weighed down or loaded up. We design all of our suspension systems to handle the additional weight of front and rear steel bumpers, a winch, cargo, etc. so as a general rule of thumb, lighter/stock vehicles will notice a stiffer ride quality than vehicles that are outfitted with heavier aftermarket components and gear.
- I have heavy front and rear aftermarket bumpers. Does this mean I will get less lift?
AEV designs their suspension systems to reflect the curb weight of a fully outfitted AEV Jeep. This includes a front winch bumper, winch, rear bumper, tire carrier and a larger spare tire. Ultimately, the weight of your vehicle will influence your final lift height and this could vary by +/- ½-inch or more.
- Will this suspension make my Jeep sit level?
AEV designed this suspension system to provide a +2.5-3” front and rear curb height gain, depending on spring choice. However, we do maintain the factory rake to compensate for heavier loads and to maintain a more level stance when the vehicle is loaded up with passengers and gear.
- What is the biggest tire size I can fit with this suspension?
AEV was able package up to a 37x12.50 tire on models with the OE high clearance fender flares (North American Rubicon) and up to a 35x12.50 on models with the standard height OE fender flares (North American Sport/Sahara), when using AEV’s JL-specific wheels.
Please remember that AEV products are designed, developed and tested specifically to work with other AEV products. Mixing aftermarket or factory components with AEV components may cause interference/tire rubbing at full jounce or full lock. All maximum tire size recommendations are derived from AEV’s product development process using AEV wheels and BFGoodrich tires.
- Why does this suspension not include a High-Steer Kit like some of the AEV JK suspensions?
Due to the lower lift height, a high steer kit was not necessary.
- I noticed that some JK Wranglers would lean to one side, is this just as common with the JL?
It is, but we include two passenger side shims to remedy that situation.
- Why does AEV not include adjustable control arms?
AEV's Stamped Geometry Correction Brackets are included to improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges), increase anti-dive for improved braking performance, decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft, and allow for "set it and forget it" caster correction.
- Will this suspension give me “death wobble”?
No, but it is good to be aware that due to a host of variables, JL Wrangler’s have been known to exhibit tire shimmy (death wobble) and it can be exacerbated by larger tires and tire balance issues. We strongly recommend using quality tires like BFGoodrich or tires of similar/less weight and having them professionally mounted and balanced on quality wheels.
- How long does the installation take? Can I do it myself?
The suspension install should take approximately 5-6 hours from start to finish (depending on skill level) and using common hand tools.
- What is the ProCal SNAP?
The ProCal SNAP is a simple, electronic recalibration module that plugs into your vehicle’s OBDII diagnostic port. It utilizes the stereo’s audio equalizer to input the numerical values for your new tire size- saving you time and money by not having to make a trip to the dealership for speedometer recalibration. The ProCal SNAP also has the ability to recalibrate for axle gear ratio as well as transfer case gear ratio changes.
- Why does AEV include a Jack Base with this suspension?
AEV’s JL Jack Base is included for added safety and stability when changing a 35” and taller tire with the factory scissor jack.
- What is the Warranty?
The DualSport XP Suspension System carries AEV’s Lifetime Warranty