Crestone DualSport Wheel for Chevy Colorado 2015+
Crestone DualSport Wheel
The 17×8 Crestone DualSport Wheel is AEV’s first dedicated wheel for the Chevrolet Colorado and Colorado ZR2 mid-size pickups. The versatile Crestone gives Colorado drivers an interchangeable wheel with a fully-functional Beadlock Ring for running very low air pressure off-road, a Protection Ring for street use and added protection off-road, or no ring for a more simplistic look. In addition, both the Beadlock Ring and Protection Ring can be easily painted for a custom appearance.
Crestone’s design evolves from AEV’s popular Savegre Wheel, with its flat disk face, to a more modern look with tuning fork spokes and an extruded face. The DOT-compliant AEV Crestone DualSport wheel is made from heat-treated A356 T6 cast aluminum for maximum strength and to minimize weight. Further, AEV thoroughly tested the Crestone wheel to stringent SAE J2530 standards.
The Crestone DualSport Wheel is Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) compatible, and features a valve stem recess to protect the tire valve from being damaged out on the trail.
AEV’s Crestone wheel is currently only available in a painted Onyx finish. Beadlock/Protection rings are available in either a painted Silver or Onyx finish.
Available Configuration Options:
- No Ring – The Crestone wheel can be installed without a ring for a simple one-color look. AEV supplies black nylon hardware for this configuration to prevent dirt and debris from building up inside the threaded bolt holes.
- Protection Ring – The Protection Ring is a non-functional cast aluminum ring, designed as a sacrificial part to protect the wheel from trail scratches while also providing the same look as the Beadlock Ring. The Protection Ring includes Grade 8.8 hardware and is 50-state legal.
- Beadlock Ring – The Beadlock Ring is designed with maximum strength and off-road durability in mind by utilizing a 16mm thick, forged aluminum beadlock ring and custom Grade 10.9 metric hardware for increased shear strength and higher torque requirements. AEV recommends that the Beadlock Ring be used for off-road purposes only.
Off Road Use Only: The Crestone wheel with the Beadlock Ring installed is DOT compliant but that does not necessarily mean it is legal for street use in every U.S. state. Check state and local restrictions on beadlock installation and use BEFORE ordering. Beadlock wheels must be properly installed and require routine maintenance. As a general policy, AEV recommends that beadlock wheels are used for off-road purposes only.
Beadlock Tire Compatibility: Due to variances in the bead thickness of varying tire manufacturers, the Borah wheel may not be compatible with all makes and models. We have confirmed that BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2/KM3, Toyo Open Country M/T, Nitto Mud Grappler, Nitto Ridge Grappler and Cooper STT Pro tires are all compatible with this wheel. Other makes and models may not fit properly without a 3/16″ spacer. Please contact the AEV Sales Team at (248) 926-0256 if you have any questions or concerns about tire compatibility before ordering. This advisory only affects the Borah wheel in the functional beadlock configuration.
- Manufacturing Process:
- Low pressure permanent mold casting
- A356/T6 Aluminum
- Liquid clear coat, Liquid color coat, Powder Primer
- 2015+ Chevorlet Colorado and GMC Canyon
- 17" x 8"
- Bolt Pattern:
- Approximate Backspacing:
- Weight Rating:
- 2,400 lbs
- Difficulty Level: