Rear Bumper for 2015-2022 Colorado trucks
2019-22 Colorado ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper
The AEV Rear Bumper found on the 2019-22 Colorado ZR2 is now available for 2015-2022 Chevy Colorado trucks! The ZR2 Bison’s Rear Bumper is not just for good looks, it is designed to withstand all the rigors of off-road use and overland travel. Because the ZR2 Bison was primarily developed out on the trail, the Rear Bumper maximizes departure angle and offers integrated tubular steel corner protection for the bed. To assist with vehicle recovery heavy duty cast aluminum recovery points were included for easy rigging of ¾” anchor shackles. The factory step pad is retained and all trailer hitch, license plate lights, trailer plug and spare tire winch access locations stay the same. The Colorado ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper also has provisions for two 3” square LED reverse lights to be mounted cleanly behind the bumper for added visibility when backing-up in the dark (mounting kit sold separately).
The AEV Colorado ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper is E-coated and powder coated for maximum corrosion resistance and is proudly manufactured in the USA.
Please note: The AEV Bison Rear Bumper is not compatible with 2021-22 Colorados equipped with rear park sensors.
- OE Rear Bumper on the 2019-2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison
- Fits 2015+ Colorado trucks (excl. 2021+ models with park sensors)
- Maximizes departure angle
- Compatible with factory trailer hitch
- Two, heavy duty cast aluminum recovery points
- Accepts two LED auxiliary lights (mount kit sold separately)
- Proudly made in the USA
- Difficulty Level:
- Required Tools:
- Common Hand Tools
- Drill and 25/64" Drill Bit
- What trucks does the ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper fit?
The ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper will fit all 2015-22 Chevy Colorado trucks, excluding 2021-22 models with rear park sensors.
- Will this rear bumper work with my factory trailer hitch and wiring?
Yes, the factory trailer hitch and wiring are both compatible with the ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper
- Are those bars on the corner just for show?
Nope, those bars are tubular steel and mounted directly to the truck’s chassis. They are designed to protect the corner of the bed when getting over an obstacle that pushes the limits of your departure angle.
- How do I mount LED lights in the ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper?
The ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper has two knock-out plugs that allow for a pair of 3” square LED auxiliary lights to be mounted securely behind the rear bumper. This requires AEV’s Auxiliary Light Mounting Kit and a pair of 3” square LED lights, both sold separately.
- What kind of coating does this bumper have?
The ZR2 Bison Rear bumper is both e-coated and powder coated for maximum corrosion resistance. Additionally, should you scrape up your bumper off-road, we offer cans of AEV-specific touch-up paint for the perfect match.
- Where is the ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper manufactured?
The ZR2 Bison Rear Bumper is proudly made in the USA.