Transmission Skid Plate Direct fit for ZR2 Bison
ZR2 Bison Transmission Skid Plate
- Direct fit for 2019+ ZR2 Bison
- Gas and diesel versions available
- No negative effect on transmission cooling
- Will not trap debris
- Two-stage, corrosion resistant coating
- Heavy duty 1″ DOM tubing
- 2019+ ZR2 Bison & 2018+ ZR2 and 2015+ Z71 (requires Bison Transfer Case Skid Plate)
- Manufacturing Process:
- 1" DOM steel tube construction, OEM Two Stage Corrosion Resistant Coating
- Difficulty Level:
AEV Transmission Skid Plate for ZR2 Bison Installation Guide
- If this is a skid plate, why is it not a solid piece of metal?
The transmission skid plate is not solid like the rest of our skid plates because the Colorado's transmission is very sensitive to overheating. The 1" DOM tubular design protects the transmission oil pan without impeding air flow or allowing debris to become trapped around the oil pan, creating a potential fire hazard.
- Will this skid plate fit my non-Bison Colorado or ZR2?
Yes and no...this skid plate was designed specifically for the ZR2 Bison and requires the Bison transfer case skid plate for installation. This skid plate will fit other Colorado models IF you also purchase and install the Bison transfer case skid plate.
- Did you do any real world testing?
Yes, the Bison was developed and tested on some of the most iconic 4wd trails in the United States where under body protection is a requirement if you want to get home under your own power. On the other side of the 4WD spectrum, our skid plates can also be found on the Hall Racing ZR2 that competes in the Best in the Desert off-road racing series.
- Why is this skid plate not manufactured out of hot stamped boron steel like the other Bison skid plates?
Hot stamped boron steel is a great material to use for skid plates due to its high strength to weight ratio and resistance to gouging, but it was not the best solution for the transmission because of the unique design, driven by the ZR2 Bison's cooling requirements. By utilizing a series of robust 1" DOM tubes, we were able to provide ample protection for transmission oil pan without adversely effecting cooling.
- Where are your skid plates manufactured?
All of the ZR2 Bison's skid plates are proudly manufactured in the USA.
AEV’s Transmission Skid Plate is the “missing link” for the factory installed Bison skid plate package. This skid plate’s unique 1″ DOM tubular construction was a direct result of the Colorado’s unique cooling requirements for the transmission pan as well as a way to minimize the risk of debris becoming packed around the transmission pan, creating a potential fire hazard.
AEV’s Transmission Skid Plate is designed specifically for the 2019+ Colorado ZR2 Bison. All other 2015+ ZR2/Z71 models must use the Bison Transfer Case Skid Plate in conjunction with this part.
Features an OEM two-stage, corrosion resistant coating and is proudly made in the USA.