Snorkel Kit for 2019+ HD Ram trucks
Snorkel Kit for 2019+ HD Ram
Inspired by heavy duty industrial and military applications around the world, the AEV Snorkel Kit for 2019+ HD Ram trucks (incl. 4500/5500) is designed to provide your hard-working diesel or gas engine with the cleanest air charge possible, maximizing engine performance and increasing longevity and air filter service life—even in the most severe environments. If you are serious about adventure travel, an AEV Snorkel is one of the best investments you can make.
AEV Snorkel kits are tested extensively, both in controlled environments and under real-world conditions, where strength and durability can be evaluated. The HD Ram Snorkel is made from an OE quality, UV-stable cross-linked polyethylene which offers superior durability and performance and is tested to extreme hot/cold temperatures to ensure thermal stability. The AEV Snorkel includes a new lower airbox assembly which adapts to the OEM airbox lid for an ultra-clean install. A template for cutting the hole in the fender is included to make sure you get it right the first time!
All Snorkel kits include a standard Air Ram inlet.
Please Note: This kits fits all 2019+ HD Ram trucks, including 6.4L HEMI and 6.7L Cummins Diesel. This kits will not fit 1500 models.
- Fits 5th generation HD Ram trucks (incl. 4500/5500)
- Available for gas & diesel engines
- Huge 5” inlet for maximum air flow
- Draws in cleaner air to extend air filter service life
- Raises air intake for a cleaner, colder air charge
- UV-stable cross-linked polyethylene construction
- Made in the USA
- Cross-linked polyethylene
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 6 Hours
- Required Tools:
- Common Hand Tools
- 1/16” Drill Bit
- 1/2” Step Bit
- 5/32” Drill Bit
- 1” Hole Saw
- Air or Electric Cut-off Wheel
- Die Grinder with Carbide Bit
- Center Punch
- Deburring Tool
- Rivet Tool
- Rust Preventative such as Permatex 81773 Rust Treatment
- Masking Tape
- Will this work on Ram 1500 models?
No. Unlike our 4th generation Ram snorkel, this one will only fit HD Rams.
- Is this Snorkel compatible with gas and diesel trucks?
Yes! This Snorkel is available for either the 6.4L Hemi V8 or the 6.7L Cummins Diesel
- Is the AEV Snorkel just for deep water crossings?
That’s the popular perception, but snorkels do much more. In dry or dusty areas like the Southwest, dust is a bigger hazard to your air intake than water or at the very least a more persistent issue. Dusty conditions can wreak havoc on your air filter, choking your engine and reducing performance.
- How difficult is the installation?
It is a bit time consuming, since the front fender must be removed and cut. We do include a template to assist in the cutting process. If you are still unsure whether it’s something you want to take on or not, we recommend contacting one of our Authorized AEV Dealers for a professional installation quote. If you need help locating a dealer, please use our Authorized AEV Dealer map or contact us at (248) 926-0256 for assistance.
- Won’t rain and snow get into my engine when I drive down the road?
Not really. The Air-Ram is designed so that incoming rain will hit the back wall of the Ram and then get channeled into carefully designed drains. This is a critical design feature and one that shouldn’t be ignored. Should a small amount of water ever make it through the snorkel, it will collect harmlessly in the bottom of the air box.
- Isn’t plastic going to be too weak for serious off-road use?
Nothing could be further from the truth. Cross-linked polyethylene is virtually indestructible. It’s what whitewater kayaks, bulldozer bushings, and cutting boards are all made from.
- Where are AEV Snorkels manufactured?
All AEV Snorkels are proudly manufactured in the USA!