JK Roof Rack For 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
JK Roof Rack
Out of stock
The AEV Roof Rack for the 4-Door JK Wrangler features a sleek, low profile design for minimal wind noise, but it’s most important feature is the mounting system hidden beneath the JK’s roof. The Roof Rack utilizes mounting brackets that pass through the hard top and attach securely to the Jeep’s roll bar. This creates a very strong, secure mounting system that evenly distributes the weight of your cargo directly to the roll bar, placing no load on the hard top itself. The AEV Roof Rack is easily strong enough to be used as a sleeping platform or in conjunction with a roof top tent.
All visible surfaces feature AEV’s black textured powder coat finish for a very clean look that will compliment your other AEV products. The aluminum floor planks feature an anodized finish to reflect heat, keeping the vehicle’s interior cooler in hot climates. This combination of extruded aluminum and a quality surface coating, work together to make the AEV Roof Rack highly corrosion resistant.
- Cargo platform measures 76″ X 55″
- Total installed weight is 68 lbs.
- Adds less than 4″ to the overall vehicle height when installed.
- Mounts through the hard top, directly to the OE roll bar creating the ultimate mounting system.
- Wide floor planks with traction ribs for and easy to walk on/easy to sleep on surface.
- Features “T-slots” for securely mounting just about anything.
- Super low profile design keeps wind noise to a minimum.
- Lightweight, all aluminum extrusion and glass filled nylon construction is highly corrosion resistant.
- Does not interfere with the OE overhead soundbar.
- Rack does not interfere with OE Freedom Top panel removal.
- Includes a satellite radio relocation bracket to prevent Roof Rack interference.
- Optional Eye-Bolt Cargo Tie Downs are available separately.
Please Note: The AEV Roof Rack was engineered with maximum cargo carrying capability, minimal wind noise and optimal weight distribution in mind. The mounting brackets attach directly to the factory roll bar, requiring holes to be drilled into the hard top in order to allow mounting hardware to pass through. Due to this unique design configuration, we do not recommend this Roof Rack for customers who intend on frequently removing their hard top after installation. The OE Freedom Panels remain fully functional and easily removed with the Roof Rack installed.
The AEV Roof Rack is not compatible with 2-Door Jeep JK Wrangler models.
- Manufacturing Process:
- Extrued Aluminum (rack), Press Break (mounting brackets)
- Aluminum, Steel
- E-coat, Super Durable polyester textured black powdercoat
- 2007-2018 JK Wrangler Unlimited
- Manufactured In:
- China (rack), United States (mounting brackets, powder coating)
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 4 hours
- Required Tools:
- Pneumatic or Hand Riveter
- How does the AEV Roof Rack affect the removal of my Jeep’s hard top?
The AEV Roof Rack was engineered with maximum cargo carrying capability, minimal wind noise and optimal weight distribution in mind. The mounting brackets attach directly to the factory roll bar, requiring holes to be drilled into the hard top in order to allow mounting hardware to pass through. Due to this unique design configuration, we do not recommend this Roof Rack for customers who intend on frequently removing their hard top after installation. The OE Freedom Panels remain fully functional and easily removed with the Roof Rack installed.
- What makes the AEV Roof Rack different than all the other racks on the market?
The AEV Roof Rack is both functional and sophisticated, combining a sleek low profile design that compliments the shape of the JK Wrangler’s body with a unique mounting system that passes through the hard top, bolting directly to the roll cage.
- How much does the AEV Roof Rack weigh?
Without any accessories, the AEV Roof Rack weighs approximately 70lbs, installed. The optional Full Rail Kit adds an additional 15 lbs. Our Roof Rack is constructed of extruded aluminum which reduces the overall weight and makes this Roof Rack virtually corrosion resistant.
- How tall is the AEV Roof Rack?
The AEV Roof Rack (without any additional accessories) will add approximately 4” to the total height of your vehicle. The optional Full Rail Kit will add an additional 3” to the overall height when installed.
- What is the weight rating for the AEV Roof Rack?
The AEV Roof Rack itself is built to support a full load of cargo, gear, or even a roof top tent. The aluminum platform itself is very strong, and the unique mounting brackets will pass the load through the hardtop and directly to the JK’s roll cage. However, Chrysler does not approve any additional weight being carried on the JK’s roof, and customers should exercise extreme caution when driving with a load of any size on the roof.
- Will this Roof Rack fit a 2-Door JK Wrangler?
No, this rack is designed for the 4-Door JK Wrangler only. The size of the cargo tray and the design of the mounting brackets will not fit the 2-Door JK Wrangler models.
- Does this Roof Rack bolt to my hard top?
No, the mounting brackets for the AEV Roof Rack pass through the hard top (drilling required) and bolt directly to the factory roll bar. This ensures that the hard top does not bear any of the weight associated with the Roof Rack.
- My Jeep has a soft top, will this roof rack work?
Yes, but the AEV Roof Rack will not work with your soft top installed. If you choose to remove your soft top completely, you can then install the Roof Rack.
- Are there any accessories available for the AEV Roof Rack?
We offer optional accessories such as a Roof Rack Rail Kit and Eye Bolt Tie Downs. The AEV Roof Rack utilizes a T-slot accessory mounting system and is a modified version of the Rhino Rack’s Pioneer Tray, so any roof rack accessories offered by Rhino Rack should be compatible.