JK Differential Cover For 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
JK Differential Cover
Never worry about smashing in or peeling off your differential covers again. These great looking nodular iron differential covers offer a ton of unique features in an incredibly durable package.
AEV designed this cover specifically for the Front and Rear Dana 44 axles found in the 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler, so you’ll notice it’s a bit different than competitive covers that are built for a wide range of Dana 44 applications. The AEV JK Differential Cover features two fluid level ports, placed at the correct level to meet factory specifications for both the front and rear axles, eliminating the need to guess on oil levels or use a dipstick to figure out the correct amount of oil.
For added convenience, the AEV JK Differential Cover has an oversized fill port located on the top of the cover. This fill port not only allows you to easily add fluid in the field if axle repairs are necessary, but also doubles as an inspection port, allowing the user to see inside the differential, inspect ring gear teeth, look for water intrusion and even use a dial indicator to inspect for problems without ever removing the cover. Combine these unique features with the factory magnetic drain plug in the axle and maintaining your axles has never been easier.
- Manufactured out of high-strength nodular iron
- JK-specific front and rear fluid level check plugs
- AEV’s exclusive oversized fill plug
- Reinforced bottom edge with recessed hardware
- E-coated and powder coated for maximum durability
- Made in the USA
- Difficulty Level:
- Estimated Install Time:
- 1 hour
- Required Tools:
- Common Hand Tools
- Torque Wrench
- Thread Tape
- Allen Wrenches
- RTV Sealant
- There are a ton of differential covers on the market, what is unique about the AEV Differential Cover?
The AEV DANA 44 JK Differential Cover is specifically designed for the 2007+ JK Wrangler. There are JK-specific front and rear fluid level check plugs that are positioned according to Chrysler’s recommended front and rear differential fluid capacities.
- Why does the AEV Differential Cover have such a large fill port?
For added convenience, the AEV JK Differential Cover features an oversized fill port on the top of the cover. This fill port not only allows you to fill in the field if axle repairs are necessary, but also doubles as an inspection port, allowing the user to see inside the differential, inspect ring gear teeth, look for water intrusion and even use a dial indicator to inspect for problems without ever removing the cover.
- I see that many differential covers include a magnetic drain plug, so why does AEV not offer one?
These are designed specifically for the JK Wrangler and because all JK D44 housings have a magnetic drain built in to the differential housing, a separate drain or a magnet is not necessary.
- Why does the AEV Differential Cover not have a dipstick to check the fluid level?
The AEV Differential Cover features two JK-specific fluid level check plugs, one for the front differential and one for the rear differential.
- Will the AEV Differential Cover work on all 2007+ JK Wranglers?
No, the AEV Differential Cover is designed specifically for JK Wrangler models with a DANA 44 axle assembly. Almost all JK Wranglers have a DANA 44 rear axle assembly. Rubicon models feature both front and rear DANA 44 axle assemblies.
- Do I need to use a gasket with the AEV Differential Cover?
No, the AEV Differential Cover is designed to use either RTV silicone or a gasket. AEV uses RTV silicone on all in-house Differential Cover installations.
- What material is the AEV Differential Cover manufactured out of?
The AEV Differential Cover is cast out of high strength nodular iron.
- Where is the AEV Differential Cover manufactured?
The AEV Differential Cover is proudly made in the USA.