Front Bumper for 2015+ Chevy Colorado
ZR2 Bison Front Bumper
The AEV Front Bumper that comes standard on the ZR2 Bison is now available for all 2015+ Chevy Colorado trucks. This expedition ready front bumper features a 2.5mm thick stamped steel face, 3mm thick corner stampings and a 3” tubular steel substructure for maximum protection and durability out on the trail. Vehicle recovery is inevitable for any adventure traveler, so AEV made sure that the ZR2’s chassis mounted recovery points were even more accessible and seamlessly integrated a winch mount (requires AEV Winch Install Kit) behind the AEV branded license plate mount. Remote areas often demand additional lighting for safety and driver awareness, so AEV added a pair halogen fog lights to Bison’s front bumper – a feature not otherwise available on the standard ZR2.
As an OEM-validated part, this bumper had to pass all of GM’s corrosion, vibration and front impact crash testing before going on the ZR2 Bison and is the only mounting solution for a winch, that does not jeopardize the Colorado’s cooling efficiency. Additionally, an updated airbag system recalibration is available from any Chevrolet dealership to ensure that a non-ZR2 Bison’s airbag system is properly calibrated after installing this bumper is installed. E-coated and powder coated for maximum corrosion resistance and proudly made in the USA.
Front Bumper Kit includes:
- Main Front Bumper Assembly
- 2pc Front Bumper Skid Plate
- Low Tube Center Section or No Tube Center Section
- Wheel Well Liner Closeouts
- OE Halogen Fog Lights
- Air Diverter
- Front License Plate Mount
- Headlight Filler Panels (Unpainted)
- What makes this bumper different than all the other aftermarket bumpers out there?
Simply put, this is the ONLY bumper on the market that has been OEM tested and validated for the Colorado ZR2 and this is the most complete front bumper system on the market. GM even has an updated airbag calibration for ZR2 customers who upgrade to the Bison front bumper.
- What Colorado trim levels will this bumper fit?
This bumper will fit all 2015-20 Colorados. However, ZR2 owners will need to source either a Bison or Z71 grille for installation. ZR2 owners will also have to wire up the fog lights, since ZR2's did not come with OE fog lights. This is also true for any other trim levels without fog lights.
- Is this bumper airbag compatible?
YES and it is the only bumper on the market for the ZR2 that is airbag compatible. This front bumper was crash tested and validated by GM for the ZR2 Bison program and they even have an updated airbag calibration for ZR2 owners who install a ZR2 Bison Front Bumper.
- How do I install a winch?
The ZR2 Bison front bumper is designed to accept a Warn 9.5xp-s winch from the factory with the addition of AEV's Winch Install Kit. AEV's Winch Install Kit gives you a custom aluminum hawse fairlead, a custom solenoid bracket and a custom wiring harness.
- What are the LED fog light brackets for?
The optional LED fog light brackets will allow you to upgrade from the ZR2 Bison halogen fog lights (included) to an LED light of your choice. This option does not include lights or a wiring harness.
- This bumper seems kind of expensive, what is included?
The ZR2 Bison Front Bumper is definitely the most comprehensive front bumper on the market. This Front Bumper kit includes the following components:
- Main Front Bumper Assembly
- Your choice of one of three different center sections
- ZR2 Bison Halogen Fog Lights
- ZR2 Bison Air Diverter
- ZR2 Bison Wheel Well Liners
- ZR2 Bison Headlight Filler Panels (unpainted)
- 2-pc Front Bumper Skid Plate
- AEV branded license plate mount
- Will this bumper accept a light bar?
Yes. However, since there are so many LED light bars on the market, there are no holes drilled so you will have to measure and drill them accordingly to your specific light. We recommend between a 20-23" light bar.
- Where is this bumper manufactured?
The ZR2 Bison Front Bumper is proudly made in Michigan!