AEV’s Premium Front Bumper is built to withstand all the rigors of off road use, while maintaining a stylish and sophisticated appearance. The Front Bumper’s full width design, integrated grille and radiator guard and optional Skid Plate offer superior front end protection from rocks and brush without compromising approach angle. The standard heavy duty, chassis mounted tow points and optional Winch Mount will help get you out of trouble, but still look good doing it.
Our Premium Front Bumper includes auxiliary light mounts and factory fog light mounts. The OE crush cans are retained to help correct low speed air bag deployment. It also receives an OE-grade two stage paint process to protect your bumper from the elements. As the industry’s only stamped steel bumper, AEV’s Premium Front Bumper offers unparalleled protection and styling.
|• Auxillary light mounts||• 2 stage paint process|
|• Factory fog light mounts
||• Polyester textured black powdercoat finish|
|• Decorative stainless steel mesh||• Reinforced flat area on underside for hi-lift jack|
|• Airbag crush cans||• 1/2" steel, chassis-mounted tow points|
|• Optional Winch Mount||• Max approach angle fits 37" tires with no rubbing|
|• Optional Skid Plate|| • Fits most low mount planetary winches
up to 9,500lbs
Manufacturing Process: Stamped Steel (bumper), Roto-Mold (crush can covers)
Material: 3/16” steel substructure, 1/8” steel outer shell, 1/2" steel tow points, 3” diameter heavy wall steel tube, UV-stable cross-link polyethylene (crush can covers), Stamped perforated stainless steel
Coatings: E-coat, Super Durable polyester textured black powdercoat
Application: 2007+ JK Wrangler
Made In: United States
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Estimated Install Time: 4-6 hours
Common Hand Tools
Transfer or Center Punch
Cut Off Wheel (2010+ only)
Touch Up Paint or Rust Inhibitor
File or De-burring Tool
• Where is the AEV Front Bumper manufactured?
• Don’t I lose a lot of tire clearance and approach angle with the AEV Front Bumper versus a “shorty” bumper?
• With the AEV Front Bumper work with aftermarket fender flares?
• Will I need to make suspension modifications to counter the added weight of the Bumper and winch?
• I have an export Jeep Wrangler that doesn’t have crush cans, what should I do?
• Why does AEV’s Front Bumper use crush cans?
• I flat tow my Jeep behind my RV, can the AEV Front Bumper be adapted to work with my tow bar?
• Are the D-shackle mounts really designed for tough extractions or are they just for looks?
• Are there locations to use a farm jack (Hi-Lift) on the AEV Front Bumper?
• What type of paint or rust protection is on the AEV Front Bumper
• Do I need to use the Winch Mount? What winches will fit with the AEV Front Bumper?
• I like the look of the AEV Front Bumper, but is it as strong as the other bumpers available on the market?
Just bought one from a local dealer recently. Key reasons for picking this over others were looks, ease of installation, overall weight and the ability to retain most of the factory parts e.g. fog lamps. Looks like the rear bumper is next to balance the vehicle more evenly.
I don't buy anything unless I do my Research, and after 2 yrs of digging through material, and reading every 4x4 magazine, Jeep magazine, Off road magazine, and just about any material I could get my hands on! Not to mention reading all the Feedback at JK forums, and Polling any and every JK driver that I came across! I've come to the Conclusion that, there isn't One bumper out there that is gonna suit ''Everybody's'' Needs and Wants, BUT AEV has done the BEST Job of making "THE PERFECT FRONT BUMPER!'' just to quote the majority sentiment of those lucky few owners out there who have one. This Bumper is a Home RUN! but dare I say it... the Public wants MORE! A STAINLESS STEEL Model is the next Logical Move Forward! With that "AEV stamping or Laser something in" (LOL) as our Canadian Neighbor Said! I would be first one in line to Order ONE! Make that TWO!! I forgot about a matching Rear END! AEV, YOU CAN DO IT! Your Public awaits YOU...